Our History

The Rhoney's original Funeral Home was located in the family home at 1124 Ontario Avenue - the same location as today. In 1953 they built their new funeral home - the first building in Niagara Falls built for the exclusive use of funeral services.

In 1967, the Rhoney Funeral Home merged with the Pike & Jones Funeral Home, in Historic Hamlet of Sanborn, NY, providing for a second location at 5893 Hoover Road. The original house was built in 1892.

A third location in the Historic Village of Lewiston, NY was opened in 1990, at the corner of Cayuga and So. Ninth.

All of the funeral homes provide complete funeral counseling, including pre-need, cremation services and out of town arrangements.

Michael J. Cushman, is a licensed New York State Funeral Director who serves as the President of the funeral homes. He received his license in 1977 from Simmons Institute of Mortuary Science. Mike is an active in many organizations, including New York State Funeral Directors Association, Erie-Niagara Funeral Directors Association, Niagara Funeral Directors Group and the National Funeral Directors Association.

Both sons, Robert H. Cushman and William T. Cushman have followed in their father's footsteps and attended Simmons Institute of Mortuary Science in Syracuse, NY.

Robert received his New York State Funeral Director's license in 2009 and was presented with an Angel Award from the Main Street Business & Professional Association in 2012.

In 2011, Main Street Niagara recognized The Rhoney Funeral Home, as Business of the Year.

In this section

Our History


Contact Us

Privacy Policy

© 2024 Rhoney Funeral Home, Inc.. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS & TA | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Accessibility